TERMS AND CONDITIONS CLAUSES OF ENROLMENT
1.1 All students both new and current must complete an enrolment form. Each class must be listed.
1.2 Enrolments open in October for the following year.
1.3 Enrolments for Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE Dance) & Victorian Certificate of Education/Vocational Education and Training (VCE/VET Dance) open in August for the following year.
1.4 Please note: New students are welcome throughout the year.
1.5 The enrolment form and terms and conditions form must be completed and signed by a parent/care giver and handed directly to Dianne De Battista.
2.1 A non-refundable compulsory annual enrolment fee per student will be added to the Term One fees or upon enrolment. The fee covers licenses such as APRA AMCOS, Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA), administrative costs and insurances.
2.2 Term fee invoices will be issued the month before term commences. Payable via monthly direct debit.
2.3 The fees are all inclusive of GST, term fees, concert production fees, costume hire fees, participation medal, Concert DVD or Streaming and end of year Christmas party. Term length, school and public holidays have been taken into account.
2.4. Semester invoices will be issued in December and June. Payable within 7 days.
2.5 Fees are based on a sliding scale. The scale includes all dance styles with unlimited classes at no extra cost after 7 hours of classes per week per student has been reached. (VCE classes, workshop, special events and private lessons are not included)
2.6. Students who enroll after the term has commenced will be charged the term fee (pro-rata). If students enroll after week five of any term classes will be classified as casual and the casual rate will apply.
2.7. All fees are strictly non-refundable.
3.1 All discounted fee offers only apply if payments are received and paid in full by the specific date indicated on the invoice. If fees are paid after the due date full payment is required.
3.2 Families will receive a 5% discount if each family member enrolled participates in more than one (1) hour per week.
3.3Maximum discount all families will be entitled to receive on fees per term will be 10%.
3.4 Semester Discounts
Students who enrol for a full semester (two terms) will receive a 5% discount. All invoices are to be paid in full by the due date to receive the discount.
To commence semester payments please email Dianne firstname.lastname@example.org
4.1 All term fees will be direct debited monthly. Members are required to sign up to ezidebit.
4.2. Strictly no refunds on all fees. Fees will be debited from your nominated account on the 28 Day of the month from January to November.
4.3 Please note: If a payment fails Diakosmos Dance Academy will notify you. If payment is not made within 7 days after notification students will not be permitted to participate in dance classes if terms fees are not paid.
4.4 Online payments – you must quote the invoice number with your payment.
4.5All cash payments must be paid directly to Dianne De Battista.
4.6 Fees not paid by the due date may incur a 10% surcharge to cover administrative and recovery costs unless a prior arrangement has been made. Anyone who is unable to pay the term fees should contact Dianne one week prior to the deadline so that an alternative payment plan can be arranged. This must be in writing.
4.7 Students will not be permitted to commence a new term if previous term fees are still outstanding.
4.8 Fees for Casual classes must be paid prior to the commencement of the class.
4.9Any waiver under this section shall not reduce any liability to pay fees and costs to Diakosmos Dance Academy.
5. Changes to classes and enrolment
5.1 Students unable to attend their allocated dance classes will be offered a credit class that must be undertaken within the terms and extra conditions may apply.
No Refunds apply or part thereof, due to absence.
Group classes may be used as a credit class however Private lessons are excluded. Please refer to clauses 4.2 and 4.9
5.2 Missed classes due to public holidays: student will be given a credit class and attend a class they are not currently enrolled.
No Refunds apply or part thereof. Please refer to Clauses 4.2 and4.9
5.3 Students wishing to increase/decrease the number of classes enrolled for the following term must notify Diakosmos in writing or by email a minimum of one month before the end of the current term. It is the responsibility of the parents/carer to inform Diakosmos in writing or by email. Verbal advice to staff/teachers and phone messages are not acceptable. Please refer to clauses 4.2 and4.9
6. Withdrawal / Cancellation Policy
6.1 If a student wishes to cancel their enrolment for the following term a parent/carer must notify Diakosmos in writing or by email. A minimum of one month is required. Please refer to Clauses4.1 and 4.2
6.2 If a student withdraws after the new term commences and without giving the required one month’s notice written notification parents/carers are still liable to pay the monthly fees until written notification is given. Please refer to Clauses 4.1, 4.2 and 4.9
6.3 Terms fees or part thereof are non-refundable. No credits will be issued. Verbal advice to staff/teachers and phone messages are not acceptable.
6.4 It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to inform Diakosmos in writing or via email should your child no longer will be attending classes. You will continue to be invoiced for all classes your child is enrolled in until such time written confirmation is received. Please refer to Clauses 4.2 and 4.9
6.5 No refunds on Semester or Yearly payments if a student withdraws.
7.1 Occupational Health and Safety: All students are required to attend classes in correct dance attire. No street clothes are to be worn in class. No socks are permitted to be worn, appropriate dance footwear only. Hair should be pulled back neatly. Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled with the child’s name.
7.2 Students consistently ignoring the above regulation dress code will not be able to participate in class.
7.3 Performance Uniform – All students will be required to own a performance uniform. Students must wear the uniform when required. The uniform is a black leotard and skirt for girls. (Refer to the detailed uniform dress code sheet in the Diakosmos Book).
8. Duty of Care
8.1 Duty of care policy covers Occupational Health and Safety regulations and Safe Dance practice.
All students, parents and care givers must adhere to our Diakosmos Duty of Care Policy.
9. Code of Behaviour
9.1 All students, parents, carers, teachers and staff are required to adhere to Diakosmos Dance Academy Code of Behaviour. This includes respectful communication, both verbal and non-verbal, for example, Students are to respect the creative and performance rights of their peers at all times.
9.2 Parents/Carers and students are to respect the creative rights of Diakosmos Staff. All choreography is owned by Diakosmos. Any use of choreography without prior approval or payment will be in violation of copyright laws.
10. Class Observation
10.1 Parents and friends will be able to view classes during open weeks or when permission is given.
10.2 Parents/care givers of special needs students may be present to assist.
10.3 Photos or videos may not be taken of any classes without the prior approval of Diakosmos Dance Academy.
11. Attendance & Lateness
11.1 Please advise Dianne on 0413 999 845 – message or SMS if the student is unable to attend classes.
11.2 Punctuality – It is important that all students arrive on time. This will minimise disruption to other students and to allow the student to follow Safe dance practices including correct warm-up routine.
12. Unforeseen Circumstances
Diakosmos Dance Academy is not liable for any cessation or interruption of electricity or gas supplies, industrial disputes, plant or equipment failure or any other unforeseen situation or accident.
Diakosmos Dance Academy instructors are experienced, professional, credentialed performing artists and educators. We reserve the right to alternate or replace scheduled teachers with equally qualified instructors
14. Private Lessons
14.1 Private lessons are available to all Diakosmos students. The benefits of one on one session with a teacher are many. Students can focus on improving technique and/or learn choreography to perform.
14.2 Parents/Care givers of students interested in attending private lessons must complete an enrolment form and hand it to Dianne.
14.3 All Private lessons at the committed rate (5 lessons) will be invoiced. The private lessons are to be paid for in advance to receive the discounted rate. At least one (1) week before the commencement of the lessons.
14.4 Private lessons payments: casual rate- payment must be made at the prior the lesson.
14.5 Students unable to attend their private lessons must inform Dianne on 0413 999 845 at least 24 hrs. Before the commencement of the lesson.
14.6 Students taught choreography for Dance Competitions may not perform this work under any circumstances without prior approval from Diakosmos Dance Academy Principal. Please refer Clause to 9.2
15. Related Expenses
15.1 Related expenses guidelines cover the extra costs and terms and conditions that will apply to all students involved in the following activities: concerts, performances, exams, eisteddfods, private lessons, rehearsals and dance competitions.
15.2 Rehearsal fees will be charged if and when required. Examples include rehearsals for troupe competition groups and preparation for performances.
15.3 All students participating in Troupe or other Dance Competitions will be required to hire or purchase a costume hire fees and costume deposit fee will be charged. In addition to usual term fees.
15.4 All students participating in the Summer Concert will be required to purchase or hire costumes. Costume hire fees are included in the monthly term fees throughout the year.
15.5 Compulsory private lesson fees: Students who audition and are successful in obtaining a lead role in the Ballet, contemporary or Musical productions may be required to attend private lessons in order to prepare for their role. Additional cost will apply.
15.8 All students are required to attend the compulsory Photo Shoot. Parents/Carers deal with the photo company directly and have the option to purchase the photos online.
16.1 Diakosmos sets the expectation that all students will attend all rehearsals for the Winter and Summer Concerts. The rehearsals prepare students for the performances.
16.2 The rehearsals for the Winter Concert will be set up when required. Rehearsals will be held in addition to the regular classes.
16.3 Summer concert rehearsals are compulsory for all students participating in the concert. A rehearsal timetable will be available in term 2. The Compulsory rehearsals are in additional to the regular timetabled classes held on week days /evenings. Students still attend their regular classes timetabled on week days/evenings throughout term four.
16.4 All choreography is owned by Diakosmos Dance Academy. Please refer to Clause 9.2
16.5 Students may attend classes throughout the year and not participate in the Summer Concert. Parents/Carers must inform Dianne in Term Three.
17.1 Diakosmos Dance Academy will communicate school events to parents, carers, students, teachers and staff via email.
17.2 All important events, newsletters, invoices, changes to class times and related information will be emailed.
17.3 Important information will also be placed on noticeboards at the studio.
17.4 Parents/Carers who wish to discuss matters further are welcome to make an appointment with Dianne.
18. Photography and Video
18.1 Diakosmos Dance Academy does not permit the use of any recording devices (visual and audio) in studios or change rooms.
18.2 If permission has been given to record dance routines for rehearsal, under no circumstances should the material be placed on social media, networking media without the permission of staff, students, parents and care givers.
18.3 Due to privacy parents/care givers are not permitted to take photos or video recording of their child during performances or open days. Some families do not feel comfortable with this so it will not be possible to photograph/video troupe performances.
18.4 During open classes and public performances phones must be turned off or on silent.
19. Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions
19.1 All parents/guardians must sign and agree to the terms and conditions before their child can officially attend dance classes at Diakosmos Dance Academy. We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time. All students, parents, carers, teachers and staff are required to adhere to the contents of this document and any changes. Diakosmos Dance Academy ensures that your personal details are kept confidential and used only by the Diakosmos staff.
20. Diakosmos Dance Academy Marketing Authority
20.1 All parents/guardians have the option to sign and agree to give Diakosmos Dance Academy permission to use photos or video footage of their child/children.
20.2 The photos or video footage taken during classes/performances/productions remain the property of Diakosmos Dance Academy and may be used in advertising material including but not limited to brochures, magazines, Facebook, displays and the website: www.diakosmosdance.com.au.
– Payments occur once a month for 11 months of the year (January – November).
– One month’s written notice is required to notify Diakosmos Dance Academy of any changes
– Changes may include: cancellation of enrolment, reduction of classes. Failure to notify in writing to email@example.com will result in a continuation of direct debit payments. Detailed Terms and conditions apply.
– No refund for absences. Students unable to attend their allocated dance classes will be offered a credit class. The credit class must be undertaken within the term. Conditions apply.
Fees are all inclusive of:
- Class fees
- Concert production fees
- Costume hire fees
- Participation medal
- Concert DVD or Streaming
- End of year Christmas party
** Term length, school and public holidays have been taken into account.
Costs that are additional if applicable:
- Exam fees (depended on exam)
- Private Lessons
- Competition fees and costumes hired/purchased for competitions
- All uniforms for classes
Photos & Content
Photos and Content of this website are not to be reproduced or copied in any form. All rights reserved by Diakosmos Dance Academy.
Health and Safety
Diakosmos Dance Academy accepts no responsibility or liability for any injury by students during instruction and performances.
Terms and Conditions of Diakosmos Dance Academy may be subject to change due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
DUTY OF CARE / CHILD SAFETY
Duty of Care / Child Safety
Diakosmos Dance Academy staff are committed to our duty of care for all students. To ensure the minimised risk of any harm whether physical or psychological, the following procedures must be followed when attending dance classes.
- Diakosmos Dance Academy, including: Dianne De Battista, teachers and staff take all reasonable care in the conduct of the classes.
- Teachers and staff will use positive, respectful language when teaching and giving constructive feedback and criticism to all students, impartially and without prejudice.
- Diakosmos Dance Academy accommodates the diversity of all children.
- Staff and Students are to respect the Diakosmos aim; to provide a safe and productive interactive learning environment for all abilities.
- Diakosmos Dance Academy has a zero tolerance approach to bullying
- Students must respect the creative and performance rights of their peers at all times. Intimidating behavior is not tolerated.
- Diakosmos Dance Academy expects the use of appropriate language in conversation around all students, teachers and other parents.
- Teachers, parents and students are mindful that they are role models, to younger, impressionable students
- Staff are trained in safe dance practice techniques, which are strictly followed. We provide special regulation equipment for classes when required.
- The studio is regularly cleaned, and is a COVID-19 Safe environment.
- All members of the community respect the Academy/Church property
- Health and safety policy and current COVID-19 pandemic requires all students to bring their own bottle of water to every class.
- We provide two staff members when students are participating in specialised programs. When two staff members are not available the program may be adjusted to maintain safe dance practices at all times.
- We respect the rights and privacy of students, parents, teachers and staff
Pick- up & Drop- off Policy
- No child is to be left unsupervised prior to commencement of class unless a teacher is present.
- Parents must encourage their children not to leave the dance studio unaccompanied and explain “stranger danger”.
- If the dance teacher is not present at the allocated time for the class to commence, the parents are requested to contact Dianne on 0413 999 845.
- Health and Safety procedures require all parents/carer to drop off and collect their child from the studio foyer.
- No students will be permitted to wait outside the studio on the footpath or near the road without a parent or carer present.
The following conditions apply:
- Students are not to practice specialised acrobatics moves at home without staff support and equipment.
- Diakosmos Dance Academy accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever to any injury sustained by students in the normal course of instruction and performances.
- Parents and/or care givers are responsible for ensuring that dancers are medically fit for classes.
- In the event of an emergency, illness or accident where a care giver cannot be contacted, permission is given to Diakosmos Dance Academy to call a doctor, hospital or ambulance
- Diakosmos Dance Academy will not be responsible for any cost involved in seeking medical treatment for injuries sustained by the student.
- When the temperature reaches 34 degrees, alternate activities may be offered and if the temperature rises above 34, classes may be cancelled.
- Diakosmos Dance Academy, accepts no responsibility for the damage or loss of goods left on the premises prior to, during or after dance class. The student and their guardian are solely responsible for their personal belongings.
Covid-19 Safe Policy at Diakosmos Dance Academy
Online classes are continuing to be offered for students who are unable to attend the studio for face to face learning. We recommend that students should remain learning from home for the following reasons
- They or a member of their family is feeling unwell.
- They have had contact with a known case of Covid-19
- The are awaiting test results for Covid-19
Any further closures directed by the government will require us to cease face to face teaching and resume online classes. We are also under the jurisdiction of the Anglican church authorities who will continue to support us, providing guidance and permission to use the space when it is safe.
There will be no refunds or credits towards future fees for absences, students are able to make-up classes during the term. No refunds or credits if we are instructed to close the studio by the government and resume online learning.
The Diakosmos Dance Academy Covid-19 safe policy is in line with the Government, Anglican Church and AusDance guidelines. Staff have received the relevant training and will be kept up to date with any changes to our Covid Safe procedure. We will keep updated of any changes made by the Australian Government in relation to Covid-19 and health advice and best practice.
Students and staff must stay home if:
- They or a member of their family is feeling unwell.
- They are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
- If they have had contact with a known case of Covid-19.
- If they are waiting test results for Covid-19
Before Class Procedure
- It is advised to avoid the use of the restrooms at the studio where possible. We ask that students go to the bathroom at home before attending class.
- It is advised that students arrive at the studio in their dance uniform
- Each student will be required to bring a bag to place all their belongings in. All students will be given a designated space to leave their belongings. Ensuring that students’ belongings are 1.5 metres from each other.
- All students must bring their own water bottle – it must be filled prior to arrival. Students will not be permitted to fill water bottles in the kitchen or have access to the kitchen.
- Upon entry, students will be required to wash hands and dry them with a paper towel and place the used towel in the bin provided.
- Students will be required to sanitise hands before entering the studio.
Diakosmos Dance will Provide
- Hand sanitiser, soap, paper hand towels, tissues and garbage bins.
- Hand sanitiser will be placed in the foyer, Kitchen, studio 1 and Studio 2 at all times.
- Students will be advised of good hand hygiene regularly, and asked to wash hands if they have coughed or sneezed.
- Staff will wear gloves if they need to assist a student and will change gloves before assisting another student.
- Social distancing markers will be placed in the studio.
- Staff will not enter the studio if they are unwell.
What will happen when students are in our care
- Diakosmos Dance Academy will keep families up to date with the latest health advice and any information regarding Covid-19 from the government.
- All staff have undertaken the government confectious control training and will remain up to date.
- There will be no partner work in classes
- Teachers will remind students of positive hand hygiene. Especially after bathroom breaks, sneezing or coughing.
- We will clean and sanitise the studio daily or when required. High touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Time will be set between classes to allow for high touch areas to be cleaned and disinfected.
- The front door will remain locked during classes, and only opened during drop off or pick up periods.
- Students will be reminded to practice social distancing. Markers will be placed in the studio to assist them
What we expect from Parents/Caregivers and Students
- Students must not attend class if they feel unwell.
- No parents/caregivers will be permitted to enter the premises. It is advised that students are dropped off and returned after class by our staff.
- Parents/caregivers are discouraged to leave vehicles and congregate outside.
- Parents will be called if their child is unwell for immediate pickup.
- Please be punctual and arrive as we have designated pickup and drop times in order for the classes to run smoothly.